AWARD-WINNING WOOD STOVE
The Ideal Steel Hybrid Wood Stove was developed in 2013 as Woodstock Soapstone Company’s entry in the Woodstove Design Challenge. The Design Challenge had 14 finalists from 5 countries competing for a $25,000 grand prize awarded for the best overall performance in 5 criteria: affordability, efficiency, emissions, innovation and market appeal. The Ideal Steel Hybrid Wood Stove was the grand prize winner! Click here to read about the Ideal Steel Hybrid in Popular Mechanics Magazine.
HIGH-EFFICIENCY WOOD STOVE
The Ideal Steel Hybrid Wood Stove EPA2020 tested efficiency of 77% and average emissions of 0.89 gm/hr. It will easily burn 12-14 hours, and will heat large areas comfortably. It’s high efficiency means that it will produce up to 131,000 more BTUs per day than a standard non-catalytic stove, making it one of the best wood stoves on the market. Click the image below to read more about our hybrid technology.
AFFORDABLE WOOD STOVE
To make the Ideal Steel Hybrid Wood Stove affordable, we changed from cast iron to steel as our basic building material. Steel costs about half as much per pound as cast iron. We believe that the Ideal Steel Hybrid Wood Stove is the most efficient, cleanest, and longest burning stove in its price range.
- HxWxD (Max. Leg Height): 35.5"x29.5"x27.5"
- HxWxD (Min. Leg Height): 30.5"x29.5"x27.5" (No Ash Pan)
- Firebox Size: 3.2 Cu. ft.
- Wood Length (Maximum): 22"
- Weight: 620 lbs.
- Leg Height Adjustment: 5" (in 1" increments)
- Burn Time: 10-14 hrs
- Area Heated: up to 2,200 sq.ft.
- BTU Output: 9,323-43,263/hr (per EPA cord wood 2020 tests)
- EPA Efficiency (HHV): 77%
- Combustion System: Hybrid (Catalyst & Secondary Air)
- EPA Emissions: 0.89 grams/hr (per EPA cord wood 2020 tests)
- EPA 2020 Certified: Yes
- Catalyst: Standard 2100 Degree Stainless Foil
- Easy Catalyst Access: Just Lift the Top Lid!
- Multi-temp Cooktop: Optional
- Flue Exit: Top or Back
- Flue Size: 6" Draft Control: Manual
- Flue Height to Center (Max Ht): 29.5"
- Flue Height to Center (Min Ht): 24.5"
- Window Size (viewable): 12"H x 17"W
- Loading Door: Front Only
- Bottom Heat Shield: Standard
- Ash Pan: Optional (can't retrofit to stove)
- Rear Heat Shield: Optional
- Stove Rear Clearance (No Protection): 14"
- Stove Rear Clearance (w/ Heat Shield): 6"
- Stove Side Clearance: 19"
- Stove Corner Clearance: 6"
- Mobile Home Approved
Everyone’s house, hearth, and décor is different, so, why not your stove? Lots of people decorate their mantels, their refrigerators, bookshelves, and dining tables with images, photos, symbols, and memorabilia and centerpieces that are important to them. So, why not do the same thing with your wood stove?
The Ideal Steel Hybrid wood stove is the first wood stove to offer owners the chance to choose their favorite design elements, or even collaborate with us to create their own custom artwork. The side medallions, andirons, and cooktop burners can all incorporate your design vision.
Start by reviewing our currents designs on our GEARED 2U DESIGNS. If you’d like to collaborate on custom artwork, let us know and we’ll discuss next steps. And if you are really adventuresome, you can create a “Trophy Stove” like the Moose Stove and the “Poisson de Manon”.
In any event, you get to choose between the 4 basic design options below, and then add any of our standard colors.
We offer low cost customization on the Ideal Steel Hybrid Wood Stove. You can choose a design for the sides, the top, and the andirons from our design book, or you can design you own parts using our GEARED 2U DESIGN SERVICE. We can produce almost any two dimensional graphic design for your stove!
Your Ideal Steel’s body can be painted:
- Matte Black
- Metallic Brown
Your Ideal Steel’s accent elements can be painted:
- Matte Black
- Metallic Brown
- Moss Green
- Metallic Blue
- Surf Sand