Yes, it really is only 17 inches tall and it weighs just 72 pounds! And yes, it produces a lot of radiant heat, especially for its size.
People who saw the first, experimental versions of the Mini Franklin gas heater thought they were toys or a scaled-down version of bigger stoves. But when they saw the fire and felt the heat, they quickly recognized that it was real.
It’s probably the only gas stove that can be shipped UPS. It’s also the only gas stove truly designed to heat one room.
Invariably people who buy a gas stove to heat one room find that it’s too big. With gas stoves, bigger is not necessarily better. If you purchase a gas stove that is too big, the amount of heat that it provides can be uncomfortable, and if it is thermostatically controlled, it just cycles on and off all the time.
The Mini-Franklin is sized to heat one room. If you want to heat just a bedroom, bath, study, or den, you’ll find that the Mini Franklin will provide all the warmth, ambiance, and charm that you hoped for.
- Unique gas stove designed to heat designed for small spaces
- Source of radiant warmth to take the chill off.
- Beautiful piece of cast iron and soapstone furniture
- Choose propane or natural gas
- Versatile direct vent installations – 3 ways to vent (see pages 6-8)
- Takes up little space with its low clearance requirements
- 8,000 BTU heat output is perfect for a cozy, intimate area
NOTE: Like our other gas stoves, the Mini Franklin is a direct-vent stove, and requires direct-vent pipe, available from Woodstock Soapstone Company, for installation. It is not a “ventless gas stove”.
- Color: Charcoal (standard)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 17” x 14.5” x 14.5”
- Flue Exit: Rear
- Flue Size: 5”
- Vent Type: Direct Vent
- Flue Height (center): 13.5”
- Weight: 72 lbs.
- Fuel: LPG or NG
- Mobile Home Approved
- Safety tested: UL 307b & ANSI Z21.88b-2017
- Area Heated: 100-400 sq. ft.
- Efficiency (Steady State): 77%
- Efficiency (AFUE): 72%
- Min–Max Heat Inputs:
LP: 6,677-8,349 BTU/hr
NG: 5,606-7,680 BTU/hr
- Remote Control: Optional
- Clearances: Front 20”, Rear 2”, Sides 2”, Corner 1.5”
Top 12", Clearance from 90° elbow 3"
The Mini Franklin has an optional remote control that serves as a thermostat and a programmable timer. With this remote you can set your stove to come on at a certain time, warm the room to a certain temperature, then go off. This helps save energy by focusing heating periods on times when the area is most often used. It also includes a wall bracket for storage of the transmitter so it doesn't wind up beneath the cushions in your sofa.