Posted By 0 Comment(s) 570 View(s) Ideal Steel Hybrid
Thanks to everyone who offered to be a beta tester! We are moderately swamped. Initially we will keep the stoves close to home (NE/Eastern NY). Our focus is on testing under different draft conditions (and both top and rear exits) to focus on front window cleanness, smoke-free loading, and ease of operation.
On Beta testing the stove:
- It won’t cost anything (well, a tester would have to provide his/her wood and install the stove). We would pay for freight both ways, if necessary;
- We would want to have access to the stove during the test period, and get stoves back here after the test period for inspection and analysis;
- We would want the tester to communicate his/her findings to us regularly, and agree to publication;
- Rear Flue Height is centered at 29.5”. The leg height is adjustable, and the flue outlet can be lowered to 25.5” on center (to go under a 28.5” fireplace lintel). Low flue height could only be tested on a solid masonry hearth at this point (until UL testing is complete). Fireplace test installations would have to have masonry hearths (flat or raised).
- The stove weighs about 500 pounds. Front-loading only. 6” flue outlet. Minimum hearth requirements are 44” wide x 48 deep. We will provide installation documents.
More information about beta-testing coming next week...